Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud-based backup service that comes preinstalled with Windows 11. It continues to sync and be accessible on all of your other OneDrive-connected devices. That means you can access your photos and files from any computer that has access to your OneDrive account.
While many Windows 11 users will like this feature, some may prefer not to keep their personal files on cloud storage and may want to disable it. It may be useless if you use other online storage services like Degoo, Mega, Amazon Photos, or similar.
Microsoft OneDrive is installed as a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) program on Windows 11 PCs, and you can uninstall it if you don’t like it. That means you can easily uninstall the OneDrive application if it is no longer helpful to you. It is possible to remove the OneDrive software from your PC using the built-in Settings app.
How to Unlink and Uninstall OneDrive From Windows 11 (2 Methods)
As a result, if you’re searching for a way to remove OneDrive from Windows 11, you’ve come to the right place. This article will explain the process of completely uninstalling OneDrive from Windows 11. Let’s check out.
Method 1: How to Unlink OneDrive from Windows 11
Unlinking your account is the best and easiest way to get rid of Microsoft OneDrive if you don’t want to use it. When you unlink your OneDrive account from your Windows 11 PC, the PC will sign you out, but the app will remain. No new files or folders will be synced. Now, I will show you how to unlink OneDrive from Windows 11.
1. Open OneDrive by right-clicking on the icon on the taskbar. Then, as shown in the screenshot below, click the Settings Gear icon.
2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Navigate to the Account tab in the Settings pop-up box. Unlink this PC from your account by clicking the Unlink this PC link.
4. On the confirmation screen, click the Unlink Account button once more.
That concludes our discussion. You are done. This will Unlink the OneDrive account from your Windows 11 PC.
Method 2: How to Uninstall OneDrive App from Windows 11
On Windows 11, uninstalling the OneDrive app is easy. You’ll need to take some of the simple tasks mentioned below. The OneDrive software for Windows 11 can be uninstalled using the steps below.
1. To begin, go to the Windows 11 Start button and choose Settings.
2. On the Settings page, select the Apps option from the drop-down menu.
3. In the right pane, select the Apps & Features option from the drop-down menu.
4. Scroll down to the Microsoft OneDrive app under Apps & Features. Then, next to the app’s name, click the three dots.
5. Select Uninstall from the drop-down menu.
6. When the confirmation prompt appears, click the Uninstall button once again.
Microsoft OneDrive will no longer appear on your Windows 11 PC or laptop after completing the steps above.
If you want to reinstall it on your computer, go to the Microsoft Store app and do so.
Follow these simple instructions to disable or uninstall OneDrive from the Windows 11 operating system. I hope you found this article helpful! Please share it with your friends as well. Please leave them in the comments section below if you have any questions.