Nothing is entirely secure these days, with over half of the world online. Especially if you’re on a site like Discord, where nearly everyone is a geek. Like most modern social media sites, Discord allows you to secure your account with two-factor Authentication (2FA). Even if your password is leaked or compromised, your account is safe with it.
Two-factor Authentication, also known as multi-factor Authentication, is a method of adding an extra layer of security to your online accounts.
Two-factor Authentication is a method of logging into the Discord account that requires you to enter a unique code in addition to your password. Even if someone knows your login credentials, they won’t be able to login without this code. So, what could be safer than that?
This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable two factor Authentication (2FA) on Discord if you’re interested in learning more. We’ll also go over how to make your Discord server’s 2FA requirement work on both mobile and PC. So, let’s start.
How To Enable Two Factor Authentication On Discord?
It’s really simple to enable two-step verification on Discord. You will, however, need to download 2FA apps like Google Authenticator or Authy on your phone at some point during the process. These apps are the only way to receive the required 6-digit code.
Enabling two-factor Authentication is a simple and painless process whether you’re using Discord on a PC or a smartphone.
Enable Discord Two-Factor Authentication (Desktop & Web)
1. Launch the Discord application on your computer. To open Settings, click the gear symbol in the lower-left corner.
2. Go to the Password and Authentication section of the My Account tab and click the Enable Two-Factor Auth option. You will now be asked to enter your account password. Simply type your password and press the Continue button.
3. You’ll be asked to download an authenticator app to your phone once you’ve been authenticated. You may do this with either Google Authenticator or Authy. After downloading the app, open it and scan the QR code with the Scan a Barcode option in the Discord app. Alternatively, you can manually enter the 2FA key to complete this setup.
4. Once you’ve received the code from the authentication app, enter it into the Discord app and select Activate.
5. After you’ve completed the Authentication, Discord will suggest that you add a phone number as a backup option. If you lose access to the login app, this can be useful.
You’ll also need to get the backup codes from here. These codes can be used in an emergency if both the authentication app and the phone number are lost. So, save them to your computer and keep them secure. Please keep in mind that these codes are only valid for one-time use. You can, however, always request new one.
Enable Discord Two-Factor Authentication (Android & iOS
1. To start, open the Discord app on your Android or iOS device and tap your profile picture.
2. Select My Account from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the Enable Two-Factor Auth button under Two-Factor Authentication. To verify your identity, enter your account password.
4. To enable 2FA, you’ll be asked to download an authenticator app. After you’ve downloaded Google Authenticator. click the Next button, as seen below.
5. Open the Google Authenticator app and copy and paste the two-factor authentication code into the Discord app. When you’re finished, press the Next button. You’ll now have the option to enable SMS Authentication once you’ve enabled it. When you’re finished, press the Done button.
It’s as simple as that. You can also use this page to setup SMS authentication and view your backup codes.
How To disable Two Factor Authentication On Discord?
On Desktop & Web
1. Launch the Discord application on your computer. Password and Authentication may be found under Settings > My Account > Password and Authentication.
2. Select the Remove2FA option.
3. To proceed, enter your authentication code or backup code and click Remove 2FA.
That’s all there is to it. Your account’s 2FA will be disabled.
On Android or iPhone
1. Launch the Discord application and go to the profile section. To get started, go to My Account.
2. Tap Remove 2FA, then enter and confirm your Discord login code.
That concludes our discussion. You’ve completed your task. This is how you can turn enable or disable two-factor Authentication on your desktop, web, Android, or iOS device.
Enable Discord Two-Step Verification On New Phone
If you want to create an authentication account on a new phone while still receiving the code on your old phone, you must first disable Discord’s two-factor Authentication. Then you’ll need to scan the barcode using the authentication app on the new phone to re-enable 2FA.
2FA is definitely one of the most effective methods for keeping your Discord account secure. And if you’ve been using Discord for a while, you should definitely make use of this feature. Because your personal information and data are far too valuable to be accessed by someone you don’t know. Also, never overlook the necessity of Discord’s backups for the 2FA.
To enable or disable two-factor Authentication on your Discord account, use one of these two options. I hope you found this helpful article! Please share it with your friends as well. Please leave them in the comments section below if you have any questions.
Also Read: How to Change Server in Free Fire?